Aggregator
VIDEO: Protesters HECKLE Keith Ellison off rally stage for far-left Senate candidate
Democratic Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison appeared stunned when protesters interrupted his speech for a far-left candidate for one of the state's seats in the U.S. Senate.
Ellison was trying to encourage Democrats to show up for Peggy Flanagan when protesters interrupted him and demanded that he answer for shutting down a program looking into wrongful convictions.
The contest will likely be seen as another battle between far-left elements of the Democratic Party trying to seize control.
Flanagan is trying to win the primary for the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party from Rep. Angie Craig, a Democrat who has represented Minnesota since 2019.
Ellison seemed angered and rattled by the protesters, and he quickly finished his comments before rushing offstage.
The protesters were angry about Ellison shutting down the Conviction Review Unit, which he blamed on lack of funding from the Trump administration. In five years, the unit overturned three wrongful convictions.
Prior to getting heckled off the stage, Ellison described the contest between Flanagan and Craig as "truly a fight of the money versus the many."
He might have been referring to the significant cash advantage Craig has over Flanagan, as divulged in financial reports. Flanagan has only $1.56 million in cash on hand, while Craig has more than three times as much — $5 million, for the period ending June 30.
"We are the many, and we will beat the money, and we will prevail against them," Ellison said at the rally.
Videos of the interruption were widely circulated on YouTube and the X platform.
Craig was the first openly LGBTQ+ member in Congress from Minnesota and is also the first lesbian mother to serve in Congress.
RELATED: 'Dishonest garbage': Keith Ellison NAILED with ridicule after offering defense of socialism
She has been endorsed by establishment Democrats, including former Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and U.S. House Democratic Leader Hakeem Jeffries. The contest will likely be seen as another battle between far-left elements of the Democratic Party trying to seize control.
The primaries for both parties will be conducted Aug. 11.
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!
IRS in the hot seat over potential cash grab from Spain's World Cup winnings: 'It's a rip-off'
REPORT: Trump Wants FIFA Boss Gianni Infantino for UN Secretary-General
After the recent success of the North American-hosted World Cup, President Trump wants FIFA boss Gianni Infantino as the next U.N. Secretary-General, the New York Post reports.
The post REPORT: Trump Wants FIFA Boss Gianni Infantino for UN Secretary-General appeared first on Breitbart.
Harmeet Strikes Immediately: DOJ Probe Launched After NJ Admits Allowing 400 Non-Citizens to Vote
Japan's Defense Minister Says It's Time to Rethink Nuclear Weapons
Japanese Defense Minister Koizumi Shinjiro caused a regional firestorm this weekend by declaring publicly that Japan must debate whether to pursue nuclear weapons or not, suggesting an end to the longstanding "taboo" around the subject.
The post Japan’s Defense Minister Says It’s Time to Rethink Nuclear Weapons appeared first on Breitbart.
EXCLUSIVE: Nick Shirley fires back at Minnesota critics: 'Numbers don't lie, and convictions don't lie'
Video: Suspect opens fire on Texas SWAT team serving arrest warrant; but cops shoot back — 1 right through his own windshield
The San Antonio Police Department over the weekend released video of an officer-involved shooting that occurred last month.
Police said just after 5 p.m. June 16, four SWAT officers responded to execute an arrest warrant.
'Strong work; I pray for a speedy recovery of the officer and a speedy trial and conviction of the perp.'
Officers arrived in an unmarked vehicle and located the suspect inside his parked vehicle, police said, adding that officers pulled up in front of the suspect's vehicle and saw he was holding a gun.
Police said the suspect then began shooting at the officers.
With that, all four officers discharged their firearms numerous times, police said.
The police video of the shootout is below:
RELATED: Suspected package thief, homeowner engage in shootout — then suspect fires at officers, police say
During the shootout, the suspect as well as one officer were struck by gunfire, police said, adding that both the officer and the suspect were taken to a hospital for treatment.
No bystanders were injured, police said.
The 35-year-old suspect — Roman Pena — was charged with four counts of aggravated assault against a peace officer, police said.
The officers involved have eight to nine years of service with the San Antonio Police Department, officials said, adding that the department's Shooting Team and Internal Affairs Unit are conducting separate, concurrent inquiries.
In addition, police said that as with all officer-involved shootings, the District Attorney's Office is reviewing this incident.
As you might imagine, a number of observers who viewed the police video had things to say about what went down. The following are a few highlights:
- "Strong work; I pray for a speedy recovery of the officer and a speedy trial and conviction of the perp," one commenter wrote.
- "Agg[ravated] assault?" another commenter asked. "How about attempted murder. Ridiculous."
- "We have THE best SWAT team," another commenter declared. "Great job, men."
- "GOT 'EM!!!!" another commenter exclaimed. "F**K HOMICIDAL CRIMINALS!!!"
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!
WWE star adds to her legacy with 'built in the front & stacked in the back' explanation for locker room nudity
HARDLY WORKING: Majority of Gen Z employees admit to 'faking productivity' on the job
It seems a lot of people are pretending to do more work than they actually do.
While performance art at work comes in many different forms and happens for different reasons, one generation is actually outperforming the others in its efforts to not work: Gen Z.
'The average worker fakes about five hours per week.'
Con jobIn a survey of full-time American professionals, employees have found remarkable ways to fake productivity.
Shockingly, 66% of employees admitted to faking productivity at work, and 73% of managers said they do it as well.
Gen Z has a particular affinity for it, however, outperforming older generations by 12 points when it comes to slacking off. A whopping 80% of them said they are faking productivity, while Millennials came in at 68% and Gen X at 58%.
The study from Software Finder also revealed some wild tactics employees are taking to make it seem as though they are actually working when they are not.
RELATED: Gen Z should not pay for Social Security
MARK RALSTON/AFP/Getty Images
Cat and mouseThe top two methods employees are using to fake work are "moving the mouse periodically" and "keeping a doc or browser tab open"; 56% of respondents said they use those tactics.
Another method used by 43% of full-time workers was purposely responding to non-urgent messages at a slower rate, or "slow-responding."
More than a third of employees said they would log in to a tool they aren't using, while about a quarter of respondents said they would send a strategic message on work apps like Slack or Teams to make it seem as if they were working.
Another 22% said they scheduled emails for later in the day.
All this fake work adds up to a massive amount of time burned over the course of the year. Specifically, the survey stated that the average worker fakes about five hours per week making it seem as though they are working. Multiplied over a year, that's 260 hours, and when divided by an eight-hour work day, that's more than 32 full days of work lost.
However, it may not be the employees' fault.
RELATED: The GOP is blowing it with young men
Showing up
More than half of respondents said they finished their work at least an hour before the day actually ends, so the rest is lip service.
Who are they faking it for? More than a third said their direct manager, while another 31% said "no one in particular."
The latter is indicative of a trend of not working for the sake of it, as 27% of workers said they were faking productivity because of "general workplace culture."
The next leading reason was due to their managers, who "measure presence over output."
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!
Mamdani calls out Democratic Party as 'well-paid consultants and big money interests'
Exclusive — Andrew Giuliani: World Cup Was ‘Just the Start’ of America’s ‘Golden Age of Sports’
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana — The 2026 FIFA World Cup opened a years-long run of major international sporting events in the United States, which provided officials with visa and security experience and federal partnerships to build on for the 2028 Summer Olympics, White House Task Force Executive Director Andrew H. Giuliani told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview.
The post Exclusive — Andrew Giuliani: World Cup Was ‘Just the Start’ of America’s ‘Golden Age of Sports’ appeared first on Breitbart.